Our maintenance and support services are provided for the major versions of our products. As part of the maintenance cycle, the major versions receive a number of minor updates focusing on enhancing existing basic product features and providing limited new features, as well as remedying bugs. Interfaces are only extended in a way that ensures they remain compatible, or modified in the case of problems.
What's more, advanced support (LTS – Long-Term Support) can be purchased for the major versions. This provides updates for serious security loopholes and includes minor maintenance for KIX Pro versions where the mainstream support has been discontinued.
KIX in Version 18
During the 6th user conference in November 2018, we presented the new version of our KIX product range, comprising KIX Start, KIX Pro, and KIX Cloud. It provides all key basic features for enabling you to work more efficiently and increase service quality – straight out of the box.
KIX Cloud always contains the latest KIX Pro version as the basis to ensure it is always covered by the mainstream support. The releases are published regularly every 6 to 8 weeks. The update service, which is included, imports them automatically into the respective clouds, which eliminates the need for manual imports.
We will continuously expand the range of features over the coming months and add a host of features for IT service.
A selection of new features from recent releases for KIX in version 18 are listed here:
FEATURE RELEASE 18.23
- UI/UX (KIX Start / Pro / Cloud)
- filterable communication flow
- better display of ticket view
- fewer scroll areas and simplification of handling of item functions
- News display in the Agent Portal (KIX Pro / Cloud)
- News notification before or after successful authentication
- Information of all users transparently and proactively
- Reduction of enquiries or queries
- Multiple CustomerID (KIX Start / Pro / Cloud)
- Assignment of contacts to multiple organisations
- Form field types "Contacts" and "Organisations" (KIX Pro / Cloud)
- new types "Contact Reference" and "Organisation Reference" for dynamic fields allow the use of contact/organisation references in forms
- KIX Field Agent App (KIX Pro / Cloud)
- Map View with real-time display of agent position
- Others and bugfixing
KIX in Version 17
KIX in Version 17 for expert IT service is available as KIX Start (the community version) and as KIX Pro (the business solution). In addition to offering comprehensive management of service jobs and Service Level Agreements (SLA), its features also include many services for efficient support during service provision. KIX Pro in Version 17 is quick to implement and can be supplemented with numerous add-on features.
Basically, there will be no more fundamental innovations for KIX 17, as our focus is on the further development of KIX 18. Nevertheless, our aim is to further optimise the existing KIX 17 solution, to improve user-friendliness and to address any bug fixes that have arisen. We will provide support for the KIX 17 service software until 2023 inclusive.
A selection of new features from recent releases for KIX in version 17 are listed here:
FEATURE RELEASE 17.19
Acceleration of article identification
Updating of libraries
Revision of handling and display of news