Our maintenance and support services are provided for the major versions of our products. As part of the maintenance cycle, the major versions receive a number of minor updates focusing on enhancing existing basic product features and providing limited new features, as well as remedying bugs. Interfaces are only extended in a way that ensures they remain compatible, or modified in the case of problems.
What's more, advanced support (LTS – Long-Term Support) can be purchased for the major versions. This provides updates for serious security loopholes and includes minor maintenance for KIX Pro versions where the mainstream support has been discontinued.
KIX in Version 18
During the 6th user conference in November 2018, we presented the new version of our KIX product range, comprising KIX Start, KIX Pro, and KIX Cloud. Since then, it has developed into an intuitive and adaptable solution for technical service. It provides all key basic features for enabling you to work more efficiently and increase service quality – straight out of the box.
KIX Cloud always contains the latest KIX Pro version as the basis to ensure it is always covered by the mainstream support. The releases are published regularly every 6 to 8 weeks. The update service, which is included, imports them automatically into the respective clouds, which eliminates the need for manual imports.
We will continuously expand the range of features over the coming months and add a host of features for IT service.
A selection of new features from recent releases for KIX in version 18 are listed here:
FEATURE RELEASE 18.17
- Significant revision of the UI for the agent portal (KIX Start/ Pro/Cloud)
- Can be used more flexibly and conserves resources
- Significant improvement in use on mobile devices
- Parallel opening of different contexts possible
- A personal "KIX desktop" can be set up
- Fixing ("pinning") organizational, contact, ticket or asset information
- Template grouping in the SSP - aka "service catalog from the user's point of view (KIX Pro/Cloud)
- Arrangement of ticket templates in groups and subgroups over any number of levels
- Corresponds to the visualization and presentation of a service catalog
- Reactivation/adaptation of the system monitoring connection (KIX Start/Pro/Cloud)
- Adaptation to new functionality of the "affected assets"
- Others and bugfixing
KIX in Version 17
KIX in Version 17 for expert IT service is available as KIX Start (the community version) and as KIX Pro (the business solution). In addition to offering comprehensive management of service jobs and Service Level Agreements (SLA), its features also include many services for efficient support during service provision. KIX Pro in Version 17 is quick to implement and can be supplemented with numerous add-on features.
Alongside our work to enhance KIX in version 18, we will provide support for KIX in version 17 with new features and bug fixes, up to and including 2023.
A selection of new features from recent releases for KIX in version 17 are listed here:
FEATURE RELEASE 17.16
- OAuth2 for mail delivery and collection
- Improved display of the content of dynamic fields of the type "attachment"
- Optimierung des Adminbereichs für Dynamische Felder
- Revision of the third-party libraries
- New dynamic field type "table"
- Display of PDFs in the article bar as a preview