Automatic import and synchronisation of the inventory data from external systems
The internal IT service of a company gets integration to management software for clients, servers and mobile devices and additionally, the automatic delivery of inventory data of software and hardware items into the configuration management data base of KIX Professional. At the same time, all changes within the CMDB are replicable directly. The effort for administration and inventory of items reduces extremely.
- Integrates software and hardware data of several inventory and SAM tools into the CMDB of KIX Professional.
- Data import can be triggered automatically or manually.
- Data can be filtered before the CMDB import starts.
- Inventory changes per CI are documented automatically as single tickets.
Product-specific backend modules are available for integration of:
- opsi (3.x, 4.0, 4.1)
- baramundi (8.9, 14, 16, 17)
- generic data bases (e.g. for integration of OCS Inventory)
This additional module is charged and available for KIX Professional users.
Common Use Case
- KIX Professional-CMDB is already in use, but the inventory data is made manually, which takes time and does not assure that the CI data shows the current state.
- Indepentdently from the KIX Professional-CMDB, a Client-Management-System like opsi or baramundi is in use or should be implemented.
- Within InventorySync, the defined data from the Client Management Tool (hardware and software data like information about RAM, CPU, installed software including software versions) will be given from the Client-Management-System directly into KIX Professional-CMDB.